Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rfoot
Contributor III
Contributor III

Schedule automation for weekdays only

Hi There,

I wanted to schedule my automation everyday excluding weekends. Is there advanced settings like in NPrinting that allows me to select weekdays only?

Rfoot_0-1676862621954.png

Thank you,

Ryan

Labels (3)
7 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Rfoot 

We have an open improvement to offer more flexibility on the scheduling (every x days, day x of month, ..).

As a workaround, you can set the automation to run every day, use the condition block to check if the day is the weekend, and update the scheduling of your automation using the 'Update Automation Schedule' block in the Qlik Cloud Services connector.

Please find the example automation shared below

Import automation to your workspace and see how it works.

More information on importing automations can be found here.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Rfoot
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi AfeefaTK,

This works great thank you but I live in a different timezone.

Rfoot_2-1677625603130.png

It seems to think my weekdays are tuesday to saturday and weekends are sunday to monday.

And if I use Australia in my scheduled timezone it doesnt seem to work.

Easy solution is to select friday and saturday as my weekend and this will correct my problem, but am I able to define my timezone in our automations to Australia timezone correctly? 

Thank you.

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Rfoot 

You need to change it to your timezone to make it work

More information on allowed timezone can be found here

https://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

For Australia : https://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.australia.php

You need to set timezone in 2 places

One at the start block and the other at the Update Automation Schedule block

start-block.png

update-automation-schedule-block.png

Thanks

skustes
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi @AfeefaTk, I see you mentioned an open improvement to improve scheduling flexibility. One you mentioned that we need is "run on X day of the month." Another one that would be great if it isn't already on your list, is "every N months on X day of the month" to allow us to run an automation on a quarterly basis. Thanks!

Arwa_Elshahawy
Contributor II
Contributor II

thanks so much for the json file. i was wondering where do i specify the id of the app that should actually be reloaded. because in the 'Update Automation Schedule' you can only choose an Automation ID. Im still a bit unclear how to achieve the reload of my app. My exact use case is wanting to reload an app every 2 minutes but only on weekdays and working hours. Would be amazing if u can guide me through that @AfeefaTk @Rfoot 

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

@Arwa_Elshahawy 

You need to make some modifications to make it work.

For eg add "Do Reload" block from Qlik Cloud Services connector and modify the time interval between 2 runs to 2 minutes in the Update Automation Schedule block.

I have done some modifications and attached the modified automation workspace below.

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Arwa_Elshahawy
Contributor II
Contributor II

@AfeefaTk  Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to me. I've tested it and it only reloads the app according to the schedule that is defined in the start block (every day). so still i cant achieve the reload every 2 minutes. In the "update automation schedule" block under "schedule restart" its written "if", maybe i should write something there? 
would be amazing i f u can give ma tip what should be written there to achieve the 2 minute reload.