Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofiaera
Contributor
Contributor

Seeking Guidance on Implementing "Pad Printing" Data Visualization in Qlik Sense

Hello Qlik Community,

I hope you're all doing well. I am currently working on a project where I need to implement a "Pad Printing" data visualization technique within Qlik Sense. This technique involves transferring a 2D image onto a 3D object, often used in industrial and manufacturing settings. I believe this could greatly enhance the way we represent and analyze certain types of data within our organization.

However, I am facing some challenges while trying to achieve this within Qlik Sense. I'm reaching out to this wonderful community to seek guidance and insights from those who might have experience with similar visualizations or creative data representation techniques.

Specifically, I would appreciate any assistance on the following points:

Data Mapping: How can I effectively map our data onto a 3D representation in Qlik Sense? Are there any extensions, libraries, or plugins that could help with this?

Image Integration: What's the best approach to integrate 2D images onto the 3D objects? Are there any recommended file formats or practices for this purpose?

Interaction and Exploration: How can users interact with these 3D representations? Are there any ways to allow users to manipulate the visualizations for better exploration?

Performance Considerations: Since this involves manipulating 3D objects, are there any performance concerns I should be aware of? How can I optimize the visualization for smooth user experience?

Examples or Resources: Are there any existing examples, tutorials, or resources that you could recommend to help me better understand the implementation process?

I am really excited about the potential of incorporating the "Pad Printing" technique into our Qlik Sense dashboards. Any insights, tips, or guidance that you can provide would be immensely helpful and greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance. Looking forward to hearing from all the experienced members of this community.

Best regards,
Sofiaera

Labels (3)
1 Reply
rafael_attux
Employee
Employee

Hi @Sofiaera ,

There are some partners specialized in this kind of content/extension. Is this what you are looking for?

https://clusterdesign.io/3d-analytics-with-qlik-sense/

https://qlik.clusterdesign.io/extensions/3d-analytics/index.html

Maybe you can reach out to this Qlik Partner to know more about the solution.