Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phara
Contributor III
Contributor III

Show on

Hello folks,

I'd like to know how can I display in a graphic the data of the 12 months prior without showing the current month. For an example, we are in August, but I just want to show the 12 months before that are completed, so it would be august 2021 to july 2022.

Thank you for your help!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

You have an unneeded comma and a missing 'else' value in your formula

Invalid sample formula syntax

=If(Year < Year(now(), -2), Year)

Valid sample formula syntax

=If(Year < Year(now() -2), Year,'Not Valid Year')

take out extra comment and add the 'else' value

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

You can achieve this using various techniques but I prefer creating an indicator in the script like this - 

if(monthend([Month Year]) >= monthend(addmonths(today(1),-12)) and monthend([Month Year]) < monthend(today(1)), 1,0)        as _current_month_rolling13_ind

and then use this indicator in your measures like this -

Sum({<_current_month_rolling13_ind={1}>}Sales)

But if you need to respect the user selections of the month year field then the expression needs to be written in the set expression directly.

Thanks,

Taoufiq_Zarra

Hello @Phara 
several proposals,
for example if you want to apply the filter in dimension, you can use:

If(Date >= AddMonths(Today(), -11), Date)

or in measure

=SUM({$<DateField = {'>=$(=AddMonths(YearStart(Today()),-11))<=$(=AddMonths(MonthEnd (Today()),-12))'}>} YOURMEASURE)

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Phara
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Taoufiq,

I tried to add this formula If(Date >= AddMonths(Today(), -11), Date) in my dimension and it shows that there is an error. I just wanted to make sure that it's the right formula, nothing is missing.

Thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

You have an unneeded comma and a missing 'else' value in your formula

Invalid sample formula syntax

=If(Year < Year(now(), -2), Year)

Valid sample formula syntax

=If(Year < Year(now() -2), Year,'Not Valid Year')

take out extra comment and add the 'else' value

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!