cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Visual Studio QMSAPI Build Error - Already Contains Definition

I am creating a new C# application in Visual Studio using the QMSAPI interface.  When I build the solution I get a bunch of the following errors (and some other errors caused by these).

1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(32947,17,32947,29): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'DocumentType'
1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(49724,17,49724,38): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'DocumentMetaDataScope'
1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(50087,17,50087,40): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'DocumentAccessEntryMode'
1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(35475,17,35475,50): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'DocumentCollaborationCreationMode'
1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(35675,17,35675,39): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'ServerDocumentLoadMode'
1>C:\Source\VSProjects\QVTesting\QVTesting\Connected Services\QMSAPI\Reference.cs(35372,17,35372,39): error CS0101: The namespace 'QVTesting.QMSAPI' already contains a definition for 'DocumentDownloadAccess'

I've tried different versions of .Net and still get the errors.  Adding the QMSAPI service reference has worked fine every time and I have another existing solution that already uses the API.

Followed the following article to add service:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/QlikView-Connect-to-QMS-API-with-Visual-Stud...

QlikView Server: May 2023 SR1
Visual Studio: 2019
.Net: 4.5.2 and 4.8 (tried both)

What do I need to do to resolve these errors?

Louis

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi @louiswinter,

I think you are having a problem with Namespaces or file names in your Solution.
Please check the links below for more details:
Compiler Error CS0101 - C# | Microsoft Learn

C# Unity the namespace '<global namespace>' already contains a definition for - Stack Overflow

Read more at Data Voyagers - datavoyagers.net