Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tommears14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

"Parent Id" input for Create Binary File (Sharepoint Site) block

Can anyone help me understand what is required for the "Parent Id" input field for the 'Create Binary File (Sharepoint Site)' block? 

parentID.png

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hello,

I didnt dabble much with this connector.

But you can try and test the following:

1. since you have the site id maybe use the block:  "List Drives From Site"

A drive is a The top-level object that represents a user's OneDrive or a document library in SharePoint.

You can choose the the driver id that you need

2. then with the driver id use the block:  "List Items On Drive"

Which will give you a list of folders, files that are present on the driver, i would guess that some of these folder objects can act as the parent id to where you can upload your file to.

Please note there might be a better way to do this.

View solution in original post

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @tommears14 

We have released a new block called "List Items On Drive By Site"  which can be used to get parent id.

Also, a clear help description has been included for all the input parameters in the "Create Binary File (Sharepoint Site)" block which could help you in providing the right values for these fields.

create-binary-file-sharepoint-site-input-parameters.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hello,

The parent id here is the item ID of the parent folder in which the file needs to be created in.
tommears14
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. But which block can I use prior to the 'Create Binary File' block which will give me an output of parent ID? 

Shai_E
Support
Support

Hello,

I didnt dabble much with this connector.

But you can try and test the following:

1. since you have the site id maybe use the block:  "List Drives From Site"

A drive is a The top-level object that represents a user's OneDrive or a document library in SharePoint.

You can choose the the driver id that you need

2. then with the driver id use the block:  "List Items On Drive"

Which will give you a list of folders, files that are present on the driver, i would guess that some of these folder objects can act as the parent id to where you can upload your file to.

Please note there might be a better way to do this.

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @tommears14 

We have released a new block called "List Items On Drive By Site"  which can be used to get parent id.

Also, a clear help description has been included for all the input parameters in the "Create Binary File (Sharepoint Site)" block which could help you in providing the right values for these fields.

create-binary-file-sharepoint-site-input-parameters.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks