Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Access data from Qlik using another tool

Hi Experts,

This is a rather strange question...

Are we able to access data on a Qlik Sense SaaS tenant from another tool?

If I were to have a QVD or CSV sitting on my tenant, can I download it or access it from another tool, like Power BI or Excel or Other?

Reason is, Qlik makes data modelling easy in some scenarios and would be great if a transformed table could be saved to a CSV and then I can access it from another tool.

Thanks,

Wynand

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

4 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

wcilliers
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your response, but it doesnt answer my question. I know one can export data from an app. I am asking if we can access data FILES from outside of Qlik.

Or even, can I access data files from one SaaS tenant to another?

Doesnt Qlik have an API one can connect to?

Thanks,

Wynand

Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

@wcilliers  

Q:  Are we able to access data on a Qlik Sense SaaS tenant from another tool? Qlik Lineage Connectors is an add-on module to Qlik Sense Enterprise SaaS that helps users to visualize, understand, and scale data environments in an intuitive way. The connectors extract lineage and metadata from Qlik on-premises offerings, external BI tools, and data sources.  (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/QlikLineageConnectors/ql...

Q: If I were to have a QVD or CSV sitting on my tenant, can I download it or access it from another tool, like Power BI or Excel or Other?  Qlik uses the Data file storage based on the specific tenant ID and space and yes you can download the data file from your tenant, but for that, you have to utilize one of the cloud base storage like DropBox, OneDrive or Google Drive connection and use the Store command to store it and then you can use the data file anywhere you want. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you

If this answers your questions then, please mark this post as resolved.