Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StartCounting
Contributor II
Contributor II

Adding data with Data Integration or with Analytics Services

Hi,

I've just gotten started with Qlik, and trying to learn how to use it. I can see in Analytics Services I can add data, such as with manual uploads or creating connections to data sources. I can also see there's the Data Integration system that seems to do similar things, but perhaps in a more structured way. i'm trying to understand the difference between the two ways of managing data.

Is it really just one system, with a 'basic' interface on the Analytics side, and more robust support for transformations and automation on the Integration side? Or are they different? When would I want to add data via Analytics Services, and when by Data Integration?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
2 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi,   the data management capabilities within Analytics and Data Integration are different, but complementary. 

Qlik Cloud Data Integration provides the ability to create end to end data pipelines to support use cases such as data warehousing or data lake-house creation on target cloud data platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, BigQuery or Azure Synapse.   The pipelines provide the ability to 

• Move data in real-time from source systems
    • Leveraging log-based change data capture
    • Via a Data Gateway that provides local access to firewalled sources and direct data movement to your cloud target
    • Providing support for 'current' and type 2 perspectives of data in your target platform
  • Transform your data to support your use case via
    • Rules and  Expressions
    • Custom SQL for complex workloads
    • Model Drive Data Mart Automation for Data Warehouse outputs

Qlik Cloud Data Integration also provides real-time ingestion to QVD's in Qlik Cloud for use within Analytics. 

Conversely, Qlik Analytics provides connectivity to a wide range of data sources for analyzing data via QlikSense dashboards, AutoML, Reporting and other consumer driven use cases.   These connections can support direct connectivity to the source system or via a Direct Access gateway when your source system sits behind a firewall.

If you are not creating a data platform as mentioned in my Qlik Cloud Data Integration comments, then QlikSense provides scripting and other capabilities to assist in data transformation from an analytics perspective.  (After all, even data warehouses some times need additional transformation for analytics use). 

Hope this helps!

Lohore
Contributor
Contributor

Absolutely, there's indeed a crucial difference between Data Integration and Analytics Services, especially in platforms like Qlik. While Data Integration focuses on streamlining and optimizing data pipelines, transformation, and cleaning, Analytics Services delve into leveraging that integrated data for insights and decision-making. Both are vital components in any data-driven strategy, ensuring that data is not only available but also actionable. Speaking of data strategies, have you explored CRM enrichment as part of your data initiatives? It can significantly enhance the quality and usefulness of your customer data in CRM systems.