Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeD1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Command preview returned non-success: ERROR [HY090] [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Lunghezza della stringa o del buffer non valida.

Hi to all,

I configured an ODBC connection to SQL via Direct Access Gateway. 

I visualize correctly all database tables but when select one of them I get the error in the object: 

"Command preview returned non-success: ERROR [HY090] [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Lunghezza della stringa o del buffer non valida".

I tried to change some connection parameters but without success.

Someone could help?

Thanks in advance

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MikeD1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I've solved using, in DataBase Specific Option -> SQL Sintax = SAP HANA SQL syntax

View solution in original post

NadiaB
Support
Support

@MikeD1  that sounds right

Most issues related to Preview with Generic ODBC connections are due the connection missing the "Database specific options". 

From the following Documentation, find the Data Source column and then the Syntax column that corresponds to your Data Source https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/OD...

Paste the value of the Syntax column under "SELECT statement template for Data Preview" in the Data Connection.

Adding a comment just in case someone come across this post. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Please try to load only 1 field from this table to see if it is table related or column related.

MatteoBios
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hello, I have the same issue.

I can read all the db tables and also I can load them, but when I select one of them in the Data Connecton Preview I receive the error: Command preview returned non-success: ERROR [HY090] [Microsoft][Driver Manager ODBC] Lunghezza della stringa o del buffer non valida.

Can you help us?

Thanks,

Matteo

MikeD1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi, I've solved using, in DataBase Specific Option -> SQL Sintax = SAP HANA SQL syntax

NadiaB
Support
Support

@MikeD1  that sounds right

Most issues related to Preview with Generic ODBC connections are due the connection missing the "Database specific options". 

From the following Documentation, find the Data Source column and then the Syntax column that corresponds to your Data Source https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/ODBC_Connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/OD...

Paste the value of the Syntax column under "SELECT statement template for Data Preview" in the Data Connection.

Adding a comment just in case someone come across this post. 

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
hugo_andrade
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi all,

Setting SQL Syntax = SAP HANA SQL fixed here as well.

Although my source is MS SQL, this SQL syntax did the trick.

Thanks @MikeD1 for sharing!

MikeD1
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

You are very welcome!