Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mlkenny
Contributor II
Contributor II

DirectQuery supported capabilites

Hello Qlik team,

I'm actually working on a Real Time dashboard and we would like to use DirectQuery statements.

During my research, I found some errors and I cannot be sure that if it is possible to set this dashboard with my components.

• We are actually using an Oracle database which is not directly supported by DirectQuery connections
  • We have both environments : On-Premise and On-SaaS but the goal of this application is to be deployed On-Saas
  • Connectors ODBC and OLE DB are available On-Premise but are missing from On-SaaS, is there a way to install these connections on cloud ?

These two documentations do not provide the same Data connection types, I presume that the french documentation is not up to date.

My principal question is : Is it possible to create a Cloud application in DirectQuery via connectors ODBC or OLE DB ?

I searched some documentation about it but the one I found was for Qlikview (May 2022) and Qliksense for Windows (Feb 2023) : 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2022/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/Scripting/ScriptR...

In this documentation, it is specified : 

"The Direct Query statement in QlikView is different from the Direct Query capability in Qlik Cloud. For more information, see Direct access with Direct Query."

The link is broken and I couldn't find my answer.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/ScriptRegu...

Thank you in advance for your help.

Kenny

1 Reply
mlkenny
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello, 

After discussion with support team, they indicated generic OLE DB and ODBC do not exist on Cloud.

@developper team 

Can you tell me if the possibility to create an application in Direct Query on an Oracle database is planned for this year or the next one ?
or if there will be a new connector which allow this function ?

Thanks,

Kenny