Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AkshayDabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II

Not Able to Connect Local SQL Server from Qlik Sense Cloud

When i have try to connect Local SQL Server from qlik sense it gives me follwing error:

ERROR [08001] [Qlik][SqlServer] Failed to locate Server/Instance Specified

I have performed following steps to connect Local SQL Server:
- select Microsoft SQL Server from data source and fill the required information's like : Server Name , Database name and then provide credentials to connect local server then it will gives error. I have also check prerequisite like check port number 1433 is run mode or not and all the service of SQL server is running or not , all the required service is in running mode yet its gives me error.

so can anybody suggest me what to do in this scenario or can give any extra step to follow which i have supposed to do in this process.

AkshayDabhi_0-1680588411890.png

AkshayDabhi_1-1680588767581.pngAkshayDabhi_2-1680588795904.png

Thanks in Advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It is because you are accessing a server not exposed to internet.  Two solutions:  espose the server to internet ;  use Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access installed on a local server that permitt to access the local server.  More on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g... .

FMa

View solution in original post

6 Replies
fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It is because you are accessing a server not exposed to internet.  Two solutions:  espose the server to internet ;  use Qlik Data Gateway - Direct Access installed on a local server that permitt to access the local server.  More on https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g... .

FMa

AkshayDabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

As per step I have created a gateway but when try to connect MS SQL through direct access gateway connector it is giving below error

AkshayDabhi_0-1680612499813.png

fmarvnnt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Try to create an ODBC connection from the Qlik data Gateway Windows server to the SQL Server using the internal IP anche check the result;  if it works,  use the IP in the Direct Access...

FMa

Frank_S
Support
Support

@AkshayDabhi 

Which DADG connector are you using?

• Use the one designed for use with Direct Access Data Gateway as shown below.

Make sure you 

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
AkshayDabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @fmarvnnt for your suggestion.
before the TCP/IP port is disabled on my system now it is running and able to connect local sql server from qlik sense by using your provided link 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g...

Thank you for your support.

AkshayDabhi
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you @Frank_S  for your support!!