cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
biddynamics
Contributor
Contributor

OneDrive Data Connection Stopped Working

Nothing has changed with the connection.  I can no longer Load Data as I get an error that mentions unauthenticated:

biddynamics_0-1701296253613.png

However, I am authenticated as you can see:

biddynamics_2-1701296335563.png

Any idea what happened?

Thanks!

9 Replies
marcus_sommer

Maybe it's rather caused by a kind of missing authorization or in other words you may need to re-new your login directly in onedrive or any kind of certificate or token which is needed to establish a successful connection respectively to the data-access behind it.

biddynamics
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your response.  I reset the OneDrive password but still getting the same error.  There was no certificate or token created originally and I do not see anywhere to create one.  From Load Editor, I’m able to browse all of the files/folders in the OneDrive account but when I try to select one I get the error.  One would think that if I didn’t have access I wouldn’t be able to see any of the files or folders in the account.  

Albert_Candelario

Hello @biddynamics,

Is happening within all the files from OneDrive or for some specific ones, only to you or more users?

Does a reload from the Data Load editor works?

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
biddynamics
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Happens to all files and I am the only user.  Reload fails every time with the same message as the above screenshot.  

I moved to google drive with no issues there.  It makes no sense as to why OneDrive doesn't work anymore.

marcus_sommer

That you could see the folders and files and navigate in them doesn't mean that you have also the rights to open and/or write and change them. Quite often are all rights together approved or denied but they could be set differently.

Your issue might be caused by adjusting the rights to a prior folder which are then inherited to all files and sub-folder or the membership of your user in various user-groups was changed or something similar.

Beside this there might be also a conflict of trust between different zones. I don't know if and how this might be implemented in onedrive and/or a belonging sharepoint and other company/network-parts and Qlik but in Power BI there is such logic active by default.

Albert_Candelario

Hello @biddynamics,

We would like to have more information about your case:

• what device are you using (e.g. is it a mobile device / tablet / desktop)?
  • are you using a guest or personal account? E.g. guest to an Azure AD administered tenant or 'hotmail' / personal OneDrive
  • can you get any reload to work (e.g. even a very simple single table load such as list drives/items)

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Albert

biddynamics
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I am using a desktop.  Forgot to mention this is Qlik Saas/Cloud.  I'm simply trying to use the built in OneDrive connector to connect to a personal OneDrive account.  I do not believe you can set permissions in the personal OD account.  You can share files/folders.  I assumed the authentication in Load Editor granted the permissions.  The load fails every time. 

Thanks!

Albert_Candelario

Hello @biddynamics,

Would it be possible to test a different account or yours an see if you see the same issue. We have tested multiple account of different type and we could not reproduce, so we suspect might be link to your account. It would be great if you could perform such a test.

Cheers,

Albert

AlbinAntony
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Have you found the issue ?

I'm getting this error only to new files which I have added.