cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Cloud: Exporting App error - Section Access

Hi, I have an app in Qlik Cloud in a Shared Space. I am the owner of the space, I am the owner of the app and I am the Tenant Admin. 

For some reason I can't export the app, when I click in the three dots to select export app with or without data, I can't see those options. 

FranciscoQ_0-1655846840084.png

I have other apps that I can perfectly export:

FranciscoQ_1-1655846900656.png

Moreover, I created an automation to create backups in GitHub everytime an app is published in a Managed Space, and the automaion works perfect with all the apps, but not with the one I can't export manually, I recieve an error in the "Export APP to Base 64 Encoded File" block, the error is "Error calling endpoint Qlik Cloud Services - Export App"

This app that I can't export has Section Access, but I gave full access to my email.

This is how I did it:

EMP is the field I want to filter based on the USER. For all "ADMIN" ACCESS I didn't put anything in the EMP field, and with the users for what I want to filter the information, I specify the value of EMP field. Then each user has an email.

FranciscoQ_2-1655847675732.png

Then in the app script:

(EMP exists in another table)

FranciscoQ_3-1655847909088.png

And it works fine, each user is seeing the data filtered by the EMP value. And I can see the complete information.

But I can't export the app, I don't know if the section access script has something to do, because is the only app that has Section Access and is the only app that I can't export.

I would really appreciate if someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Francisco.

@Emile_Koslowski 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @FranciscoQ ,

According to this post, it's not possible to export section access apps outside of the tenant admin's personal space. 

Emile

View solution in original post

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I did it and it worked fine, if you don't specify the space where you are moving an app, it sends the app into your personal space.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @FranciscoQ ,

According to this post, it's not possible to export section access apps outside of the tenant admin's personal space. 

Emile

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thats good to know..

So I am thinking about creating an automation that copy the app that is being published, then moved that COPY into my personal space, and from my personal space exporting the COPY to GitHub, but I don't see a way to move the app into my personal space and to export an app from my personal space either.

Maybe there is a way to have Section Access in the app Published in the managed space, and not in the app of the shared space?

FranciscoQ
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I did it and it worked fine, if you don't specify the space where you are moving an app, it sends the app into your personal space.