Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olsk
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Cloud : 'data-files' upload endpoint not working

Hi! Can't get 'POST /api/v1/data-files' upload endpoint to work.

No matter how I try combining multipart/form-data body and seemingly correct JSON payload I get 'Request must contain 'name' parameter when POSTing a new file' error.

In the documentation, examples for node.js and curl have errors that render them invalid (-d without section name alongside -F options in curl sample and a reference to nonexistent formData variable and missing file upload part in Node.js sample), so I have trouble finding a minimally working sequence to reproduce.

Also, I've noticed that while official Qlik cloud web interface uses the same REST API for the most of the operations, for file upload they use some non-public `qix-datafiles` endpoint, not the official `data-files` one.

Am I correct in assuming the `data-files` endpoint is broken? If so, how can file upload be performed?

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

4 Replies
Akshesh_Patel
Support
Support

Hi,

Have you tried this:

curl "https://your-tenant.eu.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/temp-contents?filename=Filename.csv&ttl=200" \
 -X POST \
 -H "Authorization: Bearer {{key}}" \
 -H "Content-type: application/octet-stream" \
 --data-binary "@D:/Data/Filename.csv"

curl "https://your-tenant.eu.qlikcloud.com/api/v1/qix-datafiles?name=Filename.csv&tempContentFileId=In-Return-Header-Prev-Request" \
 -X POST \
 -H "Authorization: Bearer {{key}}"
olsk
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, I haven't. Where can I find the documentation about these endpoints? I've only found scarce mentions of `qix-datafiles` over Github with comments that this is some unofficial, non-public API and thus it is subject to unpredictable change. Or is it officially public? If not, it seems that using such APIs in production-ready solutions is not a very good idea🤷

LucasGalvao
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Any updates on this?

yosuke-coupa
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

I am also interested in this topic.  We'd like to utilize officially supported public API endpoints instead of having to rely on internal endpoints which may break unexpectedly.  Uploading files programmatically is an important part of our OEM workflow.  Is there any news on when this will be officially supported?