Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shohamgg
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Dats Transfer - GeoJson Error

Hi all,

I am using Qlik Data Transfer April 2022 version (currently the latest).

I added a "Dependent App" to an existing "Data Connection" and the reload is triggered successfully.

The reload fails on a GoeOperation to load from a GeoJson file with the following error:

Error: Connector reply error: grpc::StatusCode::INVALID_ARGUMENT: 'GEOOPS-402: Failed to create dataset shape: Failed to load lib://DataFiles/My_Areas.geojson. Could not find My_Areas.geojson'

This same reload is also timed with an Automation a couple of minutes later and it completes with no problem.

My suspicion is that the Qix engine installed on the QDT is running my "Dependent App" and when the automation runs it uses the Qix engine of my SaaS Tenant.
I am assuming that the QDT does not have the GeoOperations extentions installed on it.

Can someone confirm or offer an alternative explanation?

A Solution would also be nice 😁

Thanks

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Andrew_Roy
Support
Support

This might relate, and also suggests that it could be a lack of support in SaaS for the area GeoOperations shape you are trying to load:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Is-it-possible-in-Qlik-Cloud-to-retrieve-geo-data-shapes-lin...

However, if this is actually specific to QDT as the Automation suggests, I can let you know that there is a new August QDT release imminent.  It is currently expected sometime around the end of the month, and would be worth testing.

Shohamgg
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for the responce :-),
I am aware of the imminent August release and I will try it out.

however, The fact that the exact same code works fine both in Automation Load and in Manual Load makes me think this is related to the QDT rather then the GeoOperations shape.

Lolale
Contributor III
Contributor III

@Shohamgg wrote:

Hi all, United Airlines Flying Together

I am using Qlik Data Transfer April 2022 version (currently the latest).

I added a "Dependent App" to an existing "Data Connection" and the reload is triggered successfully.

The reload fails on a GoeOperation to load from a GeoJson file with the following error:

Error: Connector reply error: grpc::StatusCode::INVALID_ARGUMENT: 'GEOOPS-402: Failed to create dataset shape: Failed to load lib://DataFiles/My_Areas.geojson. Could not find My_Areas.geojson'

This same reload is also timed with an Automation a couple of minutes later and it completes with no problem.

My suspicion is that the Qix engine installed on the QDT is running my "Dependent App" and when the automation runs it uses the Qix engine of my SaaS Tenant.
I am assuming that the QDT does not have the GeoOperations extentions installed on it.

Can someone confirm or offer an alternative explanation?

A Solution would also be nice 😁

Thanks

Nice and amazing post this one is, thanks for sharing.