Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik cloud Data gateways

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing the new Data gateways - Direct access service on Qlik cloud but i'm having trouble creating a connection.

I have diligently followed the setup guide to install and configure à Data gateway given at this url :

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/setting-up-gate...

Just for you know, I have installed the exe on my datawarehouse of development (just for our testing phase). 

My gateway is showing "connected" on the QMC, but the problem i'm having is at the creation of the connection. I choose the Sql server Via Direct access gateway, but after putting all the info of the connection, i have an error which is the following :

Internal error
'O' is an invalid start of a value. Path: $ | LineNumber: 0 | BytePositionInLine: 0.

Whatever i type on the input of the connection seems to give me the same error. I think there is something i'm missing but i don't know what. I have also watched the guide, and i did everything showed there too.

At first, i though that it was because of the space i had affected the gateway, but i did exactly as showed in the video but it still give me the same error.
Please can you help me ? 

Labels (1)
  • SaaS

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution.

Qlik data gateway doesn't seem to work when you install the gateway on the same server as your database.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi 1047seatpi,

Can you tell me more about the environment Data gateway is installed? Is there a Proxy setup? Which server the application is installed on? Which roles you have on the QLik Cloud?

Please make sure that the Port HTTPS/TCP-443 should be opened for outbound communication to <tenant-id>.<region>.qlikcloud.com.

Below is the limitations:

• Only HTTP proxy schemas are supported.
  • Proxy servers that are configured to intercept SSL connections (for the purposes of content inspection or other security measures) are not supported.

Please check the proxy settings. 

Vinay

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Vinay_B,

Thank you for your quick answer.
The server I installed the gateway do not have a proxy setup.

We installed the gateway on the same server of our database. And when i create de connection on Qlik cloud, i chose the Micorosoft SQL Server via direct access gateway,  I put the server name (i've also tried localhost and some default port). But the error is the same. Do you think it can be the problem ? 

I'm currently in a testing phase, before we migrate our environnement to Qlik cloud.
I've access to internet, but i just connected to Qlik cloud from the server, so i guess it's okay.

I have every role available on Qlik cloud. We have a testing license with 30 days. 

But what i find weird is the error is no matter what i put on the hostname.

Vinay_B
Support
Support

Hi 1047seatpi,

Sorry for the delay, I was OoO. 

Data Gateway uses port 5000. I suspect that the port is consumed by another app probably. I would suggest clearing this port and seeing if the test connection is successful. You can review the local Qlik Data Gateway logs in: C:\Program Files\Qlik\ConnectorAgent\data\logs

Example error:

[ERROR] connector-agent - System.IO.IOException: Failed to bind to address http://127.0.0.1:5000: address already in use.

FYI: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Data-Gateway-Direct-Access-Data-Gateway-failing-with/ta... 

Let me know how it goes. 

If this resolves your query, please click on "Accept as Solution" for confirmation. Thanks!
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

Yes, i'm aware of that solution. I've  already tried it.
I've followed this post :
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Data-Gateway-Direct-Access-Data-Gateway-failing-with/ta...

and this one
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Data-Gateway-failing-with-Invalid-metadata-response-DirectAc...

Now, So we have opened the port 5000, as you can see in the screenshot below. 

port_data_gateway_5000.png

After that changed, I had a different error : 

Thierno_0-1662133380335.png

The thing that bother me is, before we unblocked the port, we had in the log file the attempt of data connection (when we tried to create a connection in Qlik cloud) like this :
72 2022-09-02 10:12:50 [Service        ] [ERROR] One or more errors occurred. (Aucune connexion n’a pu être établie car l’ordinateur cible l’a expressément refusée. (localhost:5000))

But now the log file, only show the ping to QCS.

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Thierno 

It will probably be better to start a new thread about the new issue, it seems you are getting now "Invalid metadata response (DirectAccess-2201)", is that still current? 

If so, could you confirm the privileges of the user are correct on the Space where the Data Gateway resides and the Space where the connection is attempted to be configured correct?

Did you try to connect to the DB from the server where Qlik Data Gateway is installed?

Do you see anything in the logs when you get the error? 

If you open the browser developer tools, under Network tab, do you see any errors? 

Any details will be appreciated. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Thierno
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found the solution.

Qlik data gateway doesn't seem to work when you install the gateway on the same server as your database.

FedericoC
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

I had the same problem but the cause was different. I solved it disabling IPV6 on the server where is Qlik Data Gateway.