Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oraqlikreport
Contributor
Contributor

TLS SSL connection between Oracle database AWS EC2 instance and Qlik SaaS

Hello All,

I am new to Qlik, and looking to setup TLS/SSL connectivity between Oracle Database (which is AWS EC2 instance) and Qlik cloud SaaS. 

On Qlik, I could see "BASIC" and "Oracle Wallet" option.

Based on Qlik documentation: for wallet option we need to provide zip file which includes .sso file, and  tnsnames.ora.

Based on Oracle documentation, such client credentials zip file can be downloaded from OCI console for autonomous database and it contains few other files like java keystore and java truststore, ojdbc.properties etc.

So please confirm if this Oracle wallet option can be used in case of Oracle DB EC2 instance at all? Alternatively, would it work if I manually create the files required in the final zip file and upload it in Qlik for data connection.  

Would you please guide me in this regard, is there any specific steps document which I can refer to? 

I would appreciate any assistance in this, thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oraqlikreport
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Got the solution/workaround which is as follows: 

In our case as client side was Qlik SaaS. We were not comfortable to whitelist qlik cloud ip addresses and expose production db servers to external IPs. We had to setup windows server with direct access gateway and after that I just had to provide .sso and tnsnames.ora file and it worked out fine. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g...

Hope this helps someone in future. 

Cheers,

Kalpesh J. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
oraqlikreport
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Got the solution/workaround which is as follows: 

In our case as client side was Qlik SaaS. We were not comfortable to whitelist qlik cloud ip addresses and expose production db servers to external IPs. We had to setup windows server with direct access gateway and after that I just had to provide .sso and tnsnames.ora file and it worked out fine. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g...

Hope this helps someone in future. 

Cheers,

Kalpesh J.