Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RPANICHER
Contributor II
Contributor II

Disable Qlik Compose Tasks

Hi,

We have full load tasks and delta load tasks in Qlik Compose.

Since the full load tasks are already run we would like to disable them so that nobody will run it by mistake.

Is it possible to disable a task & only enable it when required.

Kind Regards

RP

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Another option if you wish to ensure the full load task does not run would be to configure a Pre-Load step for the task.  This could simply be anything that would fail. 
E.g. in SQL Server you could perform a RAISEERROR(16,1, 'Full load tasks should not be run unless absolutely necessary'). 

You could tag the Pre-Load task to every full load task and generate and remove it when you want to actually run the full load task.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @RPANICHER 

Request you to Follow below Qlik Help Document for further instruction .

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/May2022/Content/ComposeDWDL/Main/DW/Tasks%20and%20Workflows/cont...

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

RPANICHER
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sushil,

I could not find the answer to my question in that URL.

Can you point me to the relevant section in that document.

Kind Regards

RP

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @RPANICHER 

I don't think we have to option to disable the Full load because 2 separate tasks will be created one for Full load and another for CDC.

For example Task SRC -FL and SRC_CDC - CDC

If you're in 2023.11.0.343 (Service Patch 5), there is an option to change to Type either Full Load Or Change Processing.

sureshkumar_0-1722001453387.png

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Suresh

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Another option if you wish to ensure the full load task does not run would be to configure a Pre-Load step for the task.  This could simply be anything that would fail. 
E.g. in SQL Server you could perform a RAISEERROR(16,1, 'Full load tasks should not be run unless absolutely necessary'). 

You could tag the Pre-Load task to every full load task and generate and remove it when you want to actually run the full load task.

RPANICHER
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thx, TimGarrod

Since Qlik Replicate does not have an option to enable/disable tasks, your workaround is the best option.