Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MansaJoe
Contributor
Contributor

Loading data with similar fields without synthetic keys.

Hi,

I have four separate agencies data that is being loaded into an app via a load script from Databricks. Each of these agencies have a large number of similar fields all loaded separately via a field we add called use_case to distinguish between them. since most of the fields have the same name from each database the app when reloading ends up creating synthetic keys for the entire group of data from each agency.

I want to stop Qlik from doing this but I can't alias as we look at metrics for the agencies as a whole as well as individually. This is causing data to be lumped together in a way that gives incorrect values, reloading is taking quite a long time, and is causing some visualizations to break because the calculation memory has run out. Is there an easy way to tell Qlik that I don't want to create synthetic keys within the script?

Thanks for the help in advance!

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I'd suggest loading all four agencies' data into the same fact table, using the CONCATENATE prefix. This way, all identical fields will get loaded into the same field names, with no synthetic keys, and any fields that might be different between the agencies, will get generated separately. In order to differentiate between the agencies, add another qualifier field that would contain the number or the name for each Agency. Fere is an example:

Fact:
LOAD

'Agency1'     as Agency,

FROM AgencyData1 .....

;

CONCATENATE (Fact)

LOAD

'Agency2'     as Agency,

FROM AgencyData2 .....

;

etc. etc.

Cheers,