Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III

Performance on Storage Zone "__current" views - Cloudera

Good day

We are using Replicate to replicate data from the source database to the Landing zone database on Cloudera. We are using a Compose Hive project to move the data from the Landing zone to the tables in the Storage zone.

- ACID Transactions:
Create tables without ACID transactions
- Project Type:
Historical Data Store
- When a record is deleted from the landing database:
Do nothing

Currently all tables/views are created by Compose using default settings.

Our BI developers would like to know how the performance on the "__current" views on big tables can be improved. Are there any best practices available that could guide us, or should this be done in the view definition generated by Compose?

Thank you.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi Abrie,

Yes, we will stop supporting Compose for DataLake. 

You may refer to the below link, which contains more information in regards to Qlik Compose Products Lifecycle:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Support-Lifecycle/Qlik-Compose-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1837195

Should you need anything else, please just let me know.

Regards,
Adam

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi @Abrie_M ,

I don't know which version of Compose you're currently using, but in the latest SP of Qlik Compose Aug version, we have improved the performance of the product itself including the views. 

However, if you want to know how to improve the performance of the view for a specific task, in Compose for DataLake, then we need to know exactly what is that you are trying to achieve within your project, and how exactly the view affects the performance. 

For that, we need to ask you please to elaborate more details in regards, by raising a new incident to the QDI Support team. 

Regards

Adam

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Adam

Thanx for the feedback. Is the improvements on the previous Compose for Data Lakes product? Or on the new "Gen2" product?

Looks like the downloads page has been changed. I can't even get the "old" Compose anymore.

The original issue was with the old software (2020) and we are still using it. We are testing Gen2, but there is still a bug and also things that work differently, which we need to sort out.

Regards

Abrie

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi Abrie,

The improvements which I mentioned are on Gen2 (Qlik Compose), and not on the Compose DataLake. 
The Latest SP of Compose DataLake would be: 6.6.0.1458

You can download it directly from the below link:
https://da3hntz84uekx.cloudfront.net/QlikComposeFDL/6.6.0/22/_MSI/Attunity_Compose_for_Data_Lakes_6....

As for the download site, it's true that we've built a new one, but the old one is still online: 
https://demo.qlik.com/download/
If you get the "We've Moved" message, then just click on "X". 

Nevertheless, as I mentioned, you may raise an incident to the support team, in case the issue which you are facing is blocking for you, and we will check it and investigate it further.

Should you run into any issues or in case of any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Kind Regards,
Adam

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Adam

Thank you so much for the information and help with the links to the download site.

Would it be correct to say that "Gen1" will not be available anymore, as there are no downloads for it on the new site?

Adam_Herman
Support
Support

Hi Abrie,

Yes, we will stop supporting Compose for DataLake. 

You may refer to the below link, which contains more information in regards to Qlik Compose Products Lifecycle:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Support-Lifecycle/Qlik-Compose-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1837195

Should you need anything else, please just let me know.

Regards,
Adam

Abrie_M
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Much appreciated!