Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mopidesp
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compose Workflow

Can you please help with the below questions ?

1. Once we create the workflow  in Compose, Is there a way to rename the workflow ? I don't see that option available.
  2.  After we create a custom workflow, there may not a need to use default workflow? Is there way to delete the default workflow?
  3. We have confirmed dimensions that needs to be shared across different data marts. In Compose datamart section, I see that we can't share the dimensions between data marts. At the same time we don't create same dimensions in each and every data mart as we have will have same table created multiple times How do we handle this type of scenario?

Labels (2)
2 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

You cannot rename workflows currently.  However you can duplicate the workflow and rename using the duplicate function.  Click New Workflow and then provide the name and simply "Duplicate from:" your original workflow.

TimGarrod_0-1617627543666.png

If you do not with to use or see the default workflows- in the project settings you can hide them. 

Note that as of v 331 - default workflows are no longer built automatically you must enable them.

JacobTews
Creator
Creator

Hi, @mopidesp! I know this is an older question, but I wanted to follow up on #3:

Compose (at least the latest version) offers the ability to use reference dimensions in one data mart that refer to another, allowing a single copy of a conformed dimension to be used across your BI environment. Best practice is to maintain a data mart called "Reference Dimensions" or something similar, and create your conformed dimensions there (without a fact table).

JacobTews_3-1694615658370.png

When you add dimensions to another schema, make sure to choose "Import or Reference Dimensions..."

JacobTews_1-1694615474121.png

Then references to any desired dimensions can be added just as you would any other dimension:

JacobTews_2-1694615565671.png

One downside is they won't be available in the GUI windows for Pre- and Post-Loading custom ETL scripts.

Hope that helps!