Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JacobTews
Creator
Creator

Data mart duplication

Has anyone found a quick/easy way to duplicate a data mart?

As I incrementally develop the DW in Compose, we add new features to the data marts powering our dashboards, but it's quite tedious to create a new data mart every time a new column is added to a table (in order for the mart to populate with the new data), and I haven't yet found a way around this.

I have poked around the GUI and looked through the documentation extensively. I also attempted to make use of the ComposeCli on the server, exporting the project as CSVs then importing a duplicate of the data mart this way, with no success.

We are running client-managed Compose on-prem, release 2022.5.0.958.

Thanks for the help!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Note, if you are adding just a few columns - this can be done manually in the Data Mart.  Simply add the column name / data type and map the source column to it. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @JacobTews 

DataMart doesn't get the new column by default, so we need to create New Data Mart to get the new changes.

Regards,
Suresh

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Note, if you are adding just a few columns - this can be done manually in the Data Mart.  Simply add the column name / data type and map the source column to it. 

JacobTews
Creator
Creator
Author

Got it, thanks for the tip! I had forgotten that attributes could be added manually in the Data Mart as well as in the Model.

JacobTews_0-1694794642397.png

dheera52
Contributor
Contributor

I really WANT it to be good because it would solve so many problems for us (e.g. waiting 6 months for basic data engineering tickets to get looked at). It seems like the typical release pattern, though, where they released it half-baked and after a few years it'll probably be usable. When I tried it out it was suuuuper buggy.