Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator

Dynamic filters for mapping in Compose for DW

Hi there!

I am using Qlik Compose for Data Warehouses 
I want to pass a value to the mapping filter depending on the task.

For example, I am uploading data during the day for today and once a day for the last month. These are two different tasks in Compos, but the same mapping. I want to use different filters for the same mapping. Maintaining two mappings is not a good idea.

How best to do this, I did not find in the documentation.

Is it possible to create a variable on preloading and pass it to the filter? Is it possible to get the name of the task and, based on this, create a value in the filter? Now I see a variant based on the function of time, but I don't like it.

Thank you.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@vtatarnikov  Are you using full load only or do you use _ct as well? 

We have some new features in 2022.5 where we can keep _ct table. For your use case, it looks like you can leverage this feature to reset the ct table and rerun the changes if you are using _ct.

What version of Compose are you running? Please review the below link for the new feature

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/May2022/Content/ComposeDWDL/Compose_Release_Notes/newfeatures.ht...

Here are some slides on how the new feature works. Hope this helps!

Nanda_Ravindra_1-1660744793150.png

Nanda_Ravindra_2-1660745766004.png

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@vtatarnikov We don't support "run-time" variables currently. The other solution - to put a value in a table would be the way we would have to handle it today. If this is something you would like to try, you can open a support case and we can get a professional team to work with you.

Otherwise, please open a  feature request on our community using this link. Unfortunately, I won't be able to open one for you on your behalf based on the feedback from the community.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@vtatarnikov I understand what you are asking, not sure if Compose supports that. I am checking with our internal team on this. So please stay tuned for an update on this.

Thanks,

Nanda

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@vtatarnikov  Are you using full load only or do you use _ct as well? 

We have some new features in 2022.5 where we can keep _ct table. For your use case, it looks like you can leverage this feature to reset the ct table and rerun the changes if you are using _ct.

What version of Compose are you running? Please review the below link for the new feature

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/compose/May2022/Content/ComposeDWDL/Compose_Release_Notes/newfeatures.ht...

Here are some slides on how the new feature works. Hope this helps!

Nanda_Ravindra_1-1660744793150.png

Nanda_Ravindra_2-1660745766004.png

Thanks,

Nanda

vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator
Author

@Nanda_Ravindra thank you!

I don't use _ct tables. Your example doesn't look appropriate.

My use case looks like something simple and needed. It's strange that there is no such functionality. Could you create an Idea for implementation in future releases?

aj96
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think you can create a table using the preloading ETL to load the time and use that table in the filter. That way I think you could use the same mapping but value can be changed based on the pre loading ETL.

vtatarnikov
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks, but I can directly use the time function in the filter. I didn’t understand why create a table, and how you get a value from another table into a filter

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@vtatarnikov We don't support "run-time" variables currently. The other solution - to put a value in a table would be the way we would have to handle it today. If this is something you would like to try, you can open a support case and we can get a professional team to work with you.

Otherwise, please open a  feature request on our community using this link. Unfortunately, I won't be able to open one for you on your behalf based on the feedback from the community.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight

Thanks,

Nanda