Contributor

Getting an error while applying changes by running applyPredefined

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Parkash_Ajan ,   In older versions of Compose - you were able to change the name of the data warehouse connection.  (In more recent versions the name of that connection is static - Data Warehouse).  

Please check your project, and the actual name of the DW connection.  This must be used in the environment variable parameter. 

For example my connection with 'Role' Data Warehouse (will always be the first connection in the list) is called EDW. 

TimGarrod_0-1646878447371.png

If that is the case for your project -the variable name will reflect the connection name. (In my case, the variable name would be database.EDW.encryptedPassword. 

eg - 

TimGarrod_2-1646878595300.png

If you are unsure as to the naming conventions etc. of "pre-defined", a good way to review them is to run the writePredefined command to output a json file of all the predefined variables.

(Note this will not include the encryptedPassword variables for security reasons). 

Please note "predefined env variables" are kept in cache.  Thus if you have set a variable that doesn't exist (which is denoted by the error you are receiving) you will need to reset / remove that variable request using either setAll (with a blank json file) or the remove command.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Parkash_Ajan ,   In older versions of Compose - you were able to change the name of the data warehouse connection.  (In more recent versions the name of that connection is static - Data Warehouse).  

Please check your project, and the actual name of the DW connection.  This must be used in the environment variable parameter. 

For example my connection with 'Role' Data Warehouse (will always be the first connection in the list) is called EDW. 

TimGarrod_0-1646878447371.png

If that is the case for your project -the variable name will reflect the connection name. (In my case, the variable name would be database.EDW.encryptedPassword. 

eg - 

TimGarrod_2-1646878595300.png

If you are unsure as to the naming conventions etc. of "pre-defined", a good way to review them is to run the writePredefined command to output a json file of all the predefined variables.

(Note this will not include the encryptedPassword variables for security reasons). 

Please note "predefined env variables" are kept in cache.  Thus if you have set a variable that doesn't exist (which is denoted by the error you are receiving) you will need to reset / remove that variable request using either setAll (with a blank json file) or the remove command.