Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II

Just updated to May 2022 (2022.5.0.403) Getting errors Generating Marts

Just updated, to the latest May 2022 version.

I'm getting SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Object reference not set to an instance of an object, when trying to rebuild a marts that have mostly reference dims (one local dim).

The main mart - all local dims generated with no issues.

Where are the log files from the generation - ie. where is SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Object reference not set to an instance of an object this logged.  I thought I searched all the logs, I cant find where this error exists so I can fix it.

Ron

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@RonFusionHSLLC  As you already know this issue is addressed in 2022.5-sp08(2022.5.583)

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @RonFusionHSLLC 

Here is the location of all the log files for Compose:

a.Server logs: <product_dir>\data\logs\compose.log

b.ETL task logs and workflow logs:
<product_dir>\data\projects\<project_name>\logs\etl_task\<task_name>\<instance_number>.log
<product_dir>\data\projects\<project_name>\logs\workflow\<workflow_name>\<instance_number>.log

c. Agent log:<Product_dir >\java\data\logs\compose_agent.log

Hope this helps!

Dana

RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I searched through those - all they have is run-time data.  I'm specifically looking for the 'Generation' logs...if there are any...or whatever other place I might be able to find why this happens:

-- just updated today - to May 2022 latest patch (we were on may 2022 initial release)

-- generated main mart - no issues

-- get this when trying to generate  marts that reference the dims in the main mart

-- looking to find log where this error is explained - or why it happens altogether - will open support case if nothing else

RonFusionHSLLC_0-1675446281729.png

RonFusionHSLLC
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Found log file with the error...in one of the Compose.logs - I missed since it rolled a couple of times after the update.

Not a ton of clues as to what happened or what the fix might be...time for support call

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.ETLUtil.A(FactDimInfo , FactDimColumn , String , SqlColLst& , List`1& , List`1& , List`1& , Dictionary`2& , Dictionary`2& )
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.ETLUtil.SQL_PopulateTransactionFact(TableMetaData defFct, Int32 factId, FactDimInfo curFct, Boolean forUpdates, Boolean optimizedLoading)
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.ETL_DMA.B(FactDimInfo )
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.ETL_DMA.A(Int32 )
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.ETL_DMA.GenerateETL(Int32 etlID, String userName)
at Attunity.Compose.BwAutomationManager.DatamartRestImp.GenerateDMAEtls(GenerateDMAEtlsParams param)

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@RonFusionHSLLC  the error you are seeing 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' is a generic error message and you'll get this error message for many reasons including a corrupted repository. So, we need to look into your project diamagnetic package to analyze  this issue. 

That being said, is this the same issue that you have opened a case with support for Data mart failing for incorrect task statement for aggregate fact able for which I gave you a workaround ? If this is not the case, please open a case with support and we will take a look into this.

Thanks,

Nanda

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@RonFusionHSLLC  we have s support case with you for this issue and our R&D is actively working on it to get a resolution. I'll keep posted on the support ticket regarding this issue.

Thanks,

Nanda

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@RonFusionHSLLC  As you already know this issue is addressed in 2022.5-sp08(2022.5.583)

Thanks,

Nanda