Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aami
Contributor III
Contributor III

Prevent duplicates in datamart

Hi All,

I have added a Dimension table (Type1) in Datamart which picks up data from HUB table (DWH). I am using duplicate handling while populating the HUB table and it doesn't have any duplicates. But when running datamart the data is getting duplicated with each run. It keeps on inserting the same data over and over. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,

3 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aami , can you provide a little more information ?

What version of C4DW are you running ?

Can you provide some info on the model ?  and the data mart ?  

If you'd prefer you can private message me within Community.

Aami
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @TimGarrod ,

Thanks for replying. I am using 6.6.0.364 version. My datamart  task simply takes data from HUB table and inserts in to datamart table. The table is added as a dimension table and does not have any relations defined. I was able to resolve the issue by dropping and recreating datamart table. However it would be great if you can give some insights on possible reasons for this type of behaviour.

Source --> DWH (HUB) --> Datamart (Dimension table)

Thank you so much

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi @Aami , I responded to your private message, and now thought of something additional to share here...

In general, I have not seen this behavior before (duplicate data getting into the data mart) - except in certain instances where the OBSOLETE_INDICATOR has been set by Compose.   This really only comes into play with Type 2 processing in the DM  under certain scenarios.   I recommended searching the user guide for "OBSOLETE" to understand its behavior as its a safety measure in the event the DW gets retro-active changes.