Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamjamisjam2048
Contributor
Contributor

sqlstate 'XX000', errorcode '603', message 'SQL execution internal error

Hey all,

I am running DW tasks but encountered this error -  sqlstate 'XX000', errorcode '603', message 'SQL execution internal error

This error appeared to be caused by a few expression in the mapping. But the same expressions work in another project. And the same expressions in the same mapping under the project that's currently giving me an error worked last week. 

The expression is a  CASE WHEN with subquery in it. And I copied the script that has this error in Compose Monitor, and pasted into Snowflake Console, it ran successfully. 

And I tried replace the expressions with dummy values, the warehouse ran successfully so it's not a connection issue.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@jamjamisjam2048  I worked on this on a support case with your team. The issue was more of a configuration issue, in your mapping you were using several left joins (this means you are doing multiple lookups for the same table). Our suggestion was to use the multi-table ETL option to reduce the number of looks-up you were using so it won't use a lot of resources to execute the expressions you have in the mapping.

Thanks,

Nanda

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ford25
Contributor
Contributor

Review the SQL statement: Check the SQL statement that caused the error. Look for any syntax errors, missing or incorrect table/column names, or problematic joins or subqueries. Make sure the statement is valid and well-formed. Examine the database logs: Consult the database logs for more detailed error information. The logs might provide additional insights into the specific cause of the internal error. Look for any accompanying error codes or stack traces that could aid in identifying the problem. Verify database connectivity: Ensure that the connection to the database is stable and functioning correctly. Check network connectivity and firewall settings, and ensure that the database server is running.    www.prepaidgiftbalance.com

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@jamjamisjam2048  I worked on this on a support case with your team. The issue was more of a configuration issue, in your mapping you were using several left joins (this means you are doing multiple lookups for the same table). Our suggestion was to use the multi-table ETL option to reduce the number of looks-up you were using so it won't use a lot of resources to execute the expressions you have in the mapping.

Thanks,

Nanda