Qlik Community

Qlik Deployment Framework

This group has been created to host, centralize and collect everything related to the Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF). QDF provides a set of best practices, libraries and utilities that facilitate the recommended setup and management of QlikView and Qlik Sense environments. Please note that an understanding of the Qlik platform is recommended before joining this group. <a href="https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases" rel="nofollow noopener noreferrer"> Download QDF 1.7.3 here!</a>

Highlighted
chinnakatikisg
Valued Contributor

Mail Server Configuration Issue. Test email or alert email both are not working

Dear All,

We are using Qlikview 11.2 SR8 Server . We do not have publisher.

I have added my email ID under Alerts tab in QMC--> System--> QV Server

I have added our SMTP server IP adress and also Authentication method selected as Userid and password.

When I enter my email to Test the alert email, I can see message as "Email was sent succssfully".

But I didnot receive any email.

Even I tried with reload task. When the Task failed also I'm not receiving Alert email.

P.S: Same SMTP server details are working for IBM Cognos server and able to send email to end users.

Pls help.

BR,

Chinna

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chinnakatikisg
Valued Contributor

Re: Mail Server Configuration Issue. Test email or alert email both are not working

Dear All,

I have identified the solution and cause of the issue ..

below link is the reference

SMTP Configuration is not working

This may help others.

BR,

Chinna

2 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Mail Server Configuration Issue. Test email or alert email both are not working

Hi,

Try Selecting anonymous option.  Check with your admin team whether they are sending/storing this emails in a shared folder instead of sending to your mail box.

Regards,

Jagan.

chinnakatikisg
Valued Contributor

Dear All,

I have identified the solution and cause of the issue ..

below link is the reference

SMTP Configuration is not working

This may help others.

BR,

Chinna