Qlik Community

Qlik Deployment Framework

This group hosts information related to the Qlik Deployment Framework (QDF). Providing best practices, libraries and utilities that facilitate the recommended setup and management of QlikView or Qlik Sense environments. An understanding of the Qlik platform is recommended before joining this group. Download QDF and documentation here: https://github.com/QlikDeploymentFramework/Qlik-Deployment-Framework/releases

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Video 5 - Creating a Shared Data Connection

This video walks you through:

• Creating a standard data connection within a QlikView application
  • Selecting columns from a few tables defined in that connection
  • Making that data connection available as a centralized, shared data connection
  • Referencing that shared connection using the $(vG.SharedConnStringPath) variable.
    One of many variables that are initialized with the QDF init script.

Previous Video: Video Link : 1154

Next Video: Video Link : 1170

NOTE: View in full screen for best results. It seems that video quality will vary due to your connection speed. This is being streamed from Jive (QlikCommunity) - if it turns out the video is difficult to view or if you are having buffering problems, please let us know.

This video can be see on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvg0gwRFi9w&feature=youtu.be

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
4 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Video 5 - Creating a Shared Data Connection

I tryed to follow the steps of the video, but using a ODBC connection, but I can't establish a connection when I reload the script. This tutorial doesn't work with ODBC connection?

Employee
Employee

Hi Eduardo - can you provide some more information?

Most importantly - you need to have the QDF initialization script as your first tab in the Script editor.

This method is assuming you are using QDF - correct?

Mike Tarallo

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Yes, I'm using QDF and the initialization script is my first tab

I'm trying to make it work, and I think that the "$(Include..." is not working. I tryied to use directly the path insted the variable and it doesn't work too.

I have already debugged and nothing happens in the include code part.

This is the code that I have used.

$(Include=C:\QV-Docs\SourceDocs\1.Production\99.Shared_Folders\3.Include\3.ConnString\MyConnection.txt);

//$(Include=$(vG.SharedConnStringPath)\MyConnection.conn);

//ODBC CONNECT TO Treinamento (XUserId is CIfbNYdNTDdOGZVMTbUA, XPassword is fBXbeUZNRLdKWZROJTeA);

The first is with the direct path, the second is using the variable and the third is the code that is in the file inside the ConnString

Not applicable

Hi, I already solved the problem. It was the way that I was writing the path to the file.

Tanks for the attention