Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmsmith0507
Contributor III
Contributor III

Migrating Attunity AEM to new OS VM

Is there a list of steps/documentation for migrating Attunity Enterprise Manager from a Windows 2012 server to a Windows 2016 server? The version of Attunity we have is v6.4.0.515, not looking to upgrade the application at this time. Just looking to upgrade the OS.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
10 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @jmsmith0507 

If you are doing an in-place upgrade to the operating system, there are no specific tasks required for Enterprise Manager. If you are moving it to a new server with Windows 2016, you would install Enterprise Manager on the new server, stop the AttunityEnterpriseManager service, and then copy the ..\Enterprise Manager\data directory from the old server to the new, overwriting the one created by the installer, then restart the service.

Thanks,

Dana

jmsmith0507
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dana,

I believe what we're thinking is having our windows server team build us a Windows 2016 VM with the same specs, so it would be a new VM.  Where can we download the AEM v6.4.0.515 installation package? 

Thank you!

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Sounds good @jmsmith0507 

You can download it here: https://files.qlik.com/url/qxqcgjxkf2yc3htm

Link is good for one week.

If one of the replies helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!

jmsmith0507
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sorry for my lack of knowledge here, but does copying the ..\Enterprise Manager\data directory include all of the AEM configuration, replication management license, mail server settings, all of the task details, etc?

Thanks!

Jessica V.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @jmsmith0507 

No problem! Yes, it does - but I think I overlooked the fact that the encryption key on the server should need to be updated - let me look into that and follow up with you.

Thanks,

Dana

jmsmith0507
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Also, I think we have version 2021.5.0.543 of our AEM. Sorry about that, do you have the download package for this one?

Jessica V. 

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

@jmsmith0507  Sure, here's the link for 2021.5.0.543, good for one week: https://files.qlik.com/url/zaibbt6fhpxtxdza

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @jmsmith0507 

Please follow the steps at this link to complete the migration to the new server:

Migrating the Enterprise Manager Repository | Qlik Enterprise Manager Help

Thanks!

Dana

jmsmith0507
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Do we need to get a new license file?

Thanks,

Jessica V.