cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III

QGA - 404 Error connecting to server for only one user on Mac

We have been running QlikView GeoAnalytics in our current configuration for a few years, so the environment is functioning fine. We have a specific user who upon their first attempt to use a qvw with a Geo map is receiving the "Error connecting to server 404" error (they have never successfully used QGA). The other threads are mentioning server/environment issues, but this is clearly on the client end as every other user is accessing QGA without issue (they are using PCs however). 

This user is on a Mac, and is the only user I'm aware of trying to access QGA on a Mac (with Chrome). What types of settings/issues might be causing this on the client side? Does Java Script need to be enabled, are the ports standard 80/443, etc...? Looking for troubleshooting list to run though with the end user.

Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What appears to be happening (using Chrome's F12 Developer tool) is that the client is receiving the ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error. So, my guess is that Chrome/MacOS isn't liking the fact that our AccessPoint and GeoAnalytics servers are different with different certs. I sent the QGA cert to my user and asked him to follow a process to have the OS trust it. User did and confirmed it resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
rothtd
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What appears to be happening (using Chrome's F12 Developer tool) is that the client is receiving the ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error. So, my guess is that Chrome/MacOS isn't liking the fact that our AccessPoint and GeoAnalytics servers are different with different certs. I sent the QGA cert to my user and asked him to follow a process to have the OS trust it. User did and confirmed it resolved the issue.