cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can not launch NPrinting Designer from NPrinting web console

Hi Guys, I have been working on Nprinting April 2018 and created a new app and connection to qlik sense app successfully. Now I am trying create a simple html report and open it in NPrinting designer from NPrinting web console by clicking Edit template button but it was giving me below error.

Do you want to allow this website to open an app on your computer?? If I click allow It was saying You'll need a new app to open this npp.

I am using Internet Explorer. I tried the same in Chrome also but it was not responding at all when I click Edit template button.

Can anyone please help me on this issue??

Here all the 3 services installed on the same server and I was trying to connect to NPrinting on this server from different computer..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anilb1603 

"You have to also install the NPrinting designer software on your computer if you have not already done so." as mentioned above. For installation instructions see the following link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-ql...

So yes, you must install on your computer where you are doing the actual design of NPrinting reports. It must be installed on each computer that NPrinting development will take place.

So if you have your own laptop, or desktop, you must install the NPrinting designer software on your local computer. Each separate computer intended for use as an NPrinting developer/designer must install the software. Clicking the 'Edit' button without installing the local software will generate the message you received and no designer will open.

NPrinting designer is not fully web based at this time, therefore you must install software locally on your computer. This will install NP designer program files to operate the NPrinting designer locally on your local computer. 

I will speak with our 'help' site team to see if we can improve the language around this.

Hope this helps to clarify and thanks for your question.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

You have to also install the NPrinting designer software on your computer if you have not already done so.

If this was not installed, please ensure that you download and install the NPrinting designer that matches your NPrinting server version.

If the NP designer software is installed, it should appear in programs and features on the computer that you are trying to access the NP designer from.

If it is installed, try uninstalling it and reinstalling it again. Further you 'may' have a reverse proxy running so you may need to check with your NPrinting administrator to resolve that for you.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/Qlik-NPrinting-behind-a-Reverse-Proxy-Novembe...

Also have your team check that ports are open between your computer and your NPrinting server.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Ports.htm

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Frank,
Thanks that was very helpful but I have few questions hopefully you can answer them.
Do I need to install NPrinting designer again on my computer even It was already installed on the same server where Nprinting server and engine were installed. I thought connecting to this server from my computer by typing in URL in the web browser will give me all the functionality.
Please let me know if that's not the case.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @Anilb1603 

"You have to also install the NPrinting designer software on your computer if you have not already done so." as mentioned above. For installation instructions see the following link: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/April2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-ql...

So yes, you must install on your computer where you are doing the actual design of NPrinting reports. It must be installed on each computer that NPrinting development will take place.

So if you have your own laptop, or desktop, you must install the NPrinting designer software on your local computer. Each separate computer intended for use as an NPrinting developer/designer must install the software. Clicking the 'Edit' button without installing the local software will generate the message you received and no designer will open.

NPrinting designer is not fully web based at this time, therefore you must install software locally on your computer. This will install NP designer program files to operate the NPrinting designer locally on your local computer. 

I will speak with our 'help' site team to see if we can improve the language around this.

Hope this helps to clarify and thanks for your question.

Anilb1603
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you so much Frank, that was very helpful. I will install NPrinting Designer on my local computer then..