cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Get Task Status (Logs) via API

Does anybody know how to the the detailed log entries for a task execution via the API?  I can get the task execution status (progress, status, etc) using "get /tasks/{taskId}/executions/{id}" but I can't figure out how to get the information from the lower section of the Task Execution screen.  The following is an example of the data I want to retrieve for a task execution:

March 15, 2021 11:28:52 AMInfoStarting content resolution for report 39046a9d-4d46-46ac-8575-76dc54fc36a3
March 15, 2021 11:28:53 AMInfoStarting content resolution for report 1cbbf6a5-fcc1-414c-957d-f27b1fa29202
March 15, 2021 11:28:53 AMInfoStarting content resolution for report 99d98943-1b26-4653-8fdd-2b428b3754ee
March 15, 2021 11:28:54 AMInfoStarting content resolution for report dc7a2086-2963-4599-90fb-364e1c87b1fd
March 15, 2021 11:28:54 AMInfoStarting content resolution for report 67d427aa-c41f-47b4-85f8-cb40f15fb62d
March 15, 2021 11:29:14 AMInfoFinished content resolution for report 1cbbf6a5-fcc1-414c-957d-f27b1fa29202

Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I dont think this is possible. 

Simply looking at API documentation you can tell that there is no endpoint which will return this info. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=116

If you are a little bit more advanced in APIs you may as well tap into NPE API (api which is used by NPrinting interface). It is not documented nor supported by Qlik and everything you will need to figure out step by step by using DEV tool in your web browser. 

Starting from authentication you would be able to see what calls need to be made to get session cookie, once you have it you can then proceed to particular menu in admin console to get see what would be the endpoints.... 

If it is really important for you, then sure.. I guess 1 day of playing with it, 1 day of coding, 1 day of testing, another debugging and fixing and 1 for final review.... so 1 week of work and you have solution built...

Is it someting worth 1 week of work?

See screenshots:

1.png2.png 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the insight.  Unfortunately I'd like to get this information in a command line utility I wrote to automate our nightly processing.  I tried simply calling the NPE endpoint with the cookie generated on the standard api login/ntlm request and it didn't work.  With the NPE API being undocumented I'm not sure where to begin with the authentication so I think I'll just submit a feature request for now.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I dont think this is possible. 

Simply looking at API documentation you can tell that there is no endpoint which will return this info. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=116

If you are a little bit more advanced in APIs you may as well tap into NPE API (api which is used by NPrinting interface). It is not documented nor supported by Qlik and everything you will need to figure out step by step by using DEV tool in your web browser. 

Starting from authentication you would be able to see what calls need to be made to get session cookie, once you have it you can then proceed to particular menu in admin console to get see what would be the endpoints.... 

If it is really important for you, then sure.. I guess 1 day of playing with it, 1 day of coding, 1 day of testing, another debugging and fixing and 1 for final review.... so 1 week of work and you have solution built...

Is it someting worth 1 week of work?

See screenshots:

1.png2.png 

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the insight.  Unfortunately I'd like to get this information in a command line utility I wrote to automate our nightly processing.  I tried simply calling the NPE endpoint with the cookie generated on the standard api login/ntlm request and it didn't work.  With the NPE API being undocumented I'm not sure where to begin with the authentication so I think I'll just submit a feature request for now.