Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

Images in Excel keep adding rows

Hello,

I have an issue with adding an image into my nPrinting Excel report. For whatever reason, excel keeps adding rows where my image is when I don't want it. Attached is a picture of how it is adding them. I have tried messing with the stretch, max and min heights, and the data displayed height and width with no luck. Thanks in advance for the help!

rwb139_0-1605901614349.pngrwb139_1-1605901655090.png

Labels (2)
7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

[Edited]

Hi,

Unlucky the Expand Range option doesn't exist for images so when the reports are generated the rows will be added.

I edited this replay because native Excel charts do not work inside levels at the moment (latest version is November 2020).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @Ruggero_Piccoli ,

I have tried following along with that but for some reason, my charts are not even appearing when I right click on levels and try to add them as the walkthrough shows. 

rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

I've been able to add a chart and get my initial level working, but on the proceeding levels, it uses the same data as the first level and I'm not sure why: 

rwb139_0-1607111397612.pngrwb139_1-1607111417359.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I did some tests and the only solution I found is to use images for both the table and the chart:

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1607352620819.png

The result is:

Ruggero_Piccoli_1-1607352716052.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

@Ruggero_Piccoli ,

Thanks for working on helping find a solution. I've also tried that approach to just use images. However, I can't figure out a way for nPrinting to not add in extra rows that throw everything off like in my first picture with the pie chart. Hopefully, there is an update soon that allows for this! Thanks again and please let me know if you do find a solution or workaround!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please evaluate to open a support ticket with a link to this conversation and, if possible, some (also scrambled) data and the template. I cannot promise nothing but this will let us to deeper investigate.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
rwb139
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks for your help. Also in the meantime, is there an easy way to size my charts without having to preview them every time? I'm trying to work with the data displayed height/width and max height/width while using the stretch object. Thanks in advance!