Creator II

Local or Server Path - Creating Connection

HI,

When creating a connection to a document locally eg :

\\servername\folder\subfolder\document.qvw

the verification runs fine

However, when I try to connect to a Server (for On Demand) :

qvp:// servername/folder/subfolder/document.qvw

I get an error : 'QlikView Server version is compatible with installed QlikView Desktop.'

Both the nprint Server and the server running my Accesspoint have QV Dekstop April 2019 SR1 installed

Is there an issue in my connection path.

Many thanks,

Phil

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

easiest way to  check if the path is right is by opening qlikView desktop on NPrinting server--> File-->Open in Server..--> and opening document you want to use in nprinting. QVP connection string will be shown in the top bar (see screenshot)

1.PNG

regarding the error check below links:

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000058169

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/November2019/Content/NPrinting/Troubleshooting/Verify-connecti...

If you are saying that the version of the QlikVIew server and QlikVIew desktop installed on NPirnting machine are excatly the same (the same version and the same SR) then i think the steps from support article need to be taken.

If this still does not help i suggest you contact Qlik support

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
prees959
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your replies.  When I use open in server from the NPrint server the document path isnt displayed when the document is open :

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 11.40.07.png

Is there a setting missing ?

This is my process :

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 11.45.13.png

Really appreciate your time on this.

Phil

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You need to open document to see the path

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
prees959
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi,

This is the open document window :

Screenshot 2020-01-11 at 11.40.07.png

Which just shows 'Qlikview x64' in the window title

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Open the document from QlikView Desktop. You will see the name of the document close to QlikView x64.

Open the File menu and on the list of recently opened documents you will see the full qvp path.

qvp path.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.