cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NW1965
Creator
Creator

Using Variables in the Email Subject

I am using cycling on NPrinting and I'd like the email subject to read something like:

Latest EUROPE Report Published

EUROPE being a variable in the report that I'm cycling over.

Does anybody know how I can do this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can use Qlik variables in email subjects starting from Qlik NPrinting February 2019:

Qlik variables in email bodies and subjects
In Qlik NPrinting, you can insert QlikView and Qlik Sense variables inside email bodies and subjects. This lets you send dynamic content to your recipients.
You can add variables in email bodies by clicking the Variables button. To add variables in the subject line, you first add it in the body, then cut and paste to the subject.
When you insert a variable in an email body, you can choose to evaluate its value after applying:

• no filters
  • task filters
  • task and user filters

The tag of the variable will show your choice.

So you must update to February 2019 if you are still using an older version.

Then the feature is documented in this page of the help site: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can use Qlik variables in email subjects starting from Qlik NPrinting February 2019:

Qlik variables in email bodies and subjects
In Qlik NPrinting, you can insert QlikView and Qlik Sense variables inside email bodies and subjects. This lets you send dynamic content to your recipients.
You can add variables in email bodies by clicking the Variables button. To add variables in the subject line, you first add it in the body, then cut and paste to the subject.
When you insert a variable in an email body, you can choose to evaluate its value after applying:

• no filters
  • task filters
  • task and user filters

The tag of the variable will show your choice.

So you must update to February 2019 if you are still using an older version.

Then the feature is documented in this page of the help site: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation...

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
NW1965
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect, thanks for your help, we'll upgrade.

OmarBenSalem

Hi,

I'm using the Feb 2019 SR1 version and trying to use a variable selected from the Variables box; but when the email is sent, the variable is not evaluated :

What am I doing wrong?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Check that the variable is well defined in the source document. Does it start with the "="? Is still present in the source? Did you refreshed the connection cache recently?

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero