Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mprak358
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Can I install Qlik NPrinting on same server as Qlik Sense Rim node?

Hi,

We have completed the installation of Qlik Sense on our servers (1 Central node and 2 Rim nodes). 

We now need to install NPrinting. I have read that Qlik Sense and NPrinting Server should not be installed on the same server. 

But can we install the NPrinting server on one of the rim nodes? 

• Server 1 - Qlik Sense Central Node, NPrinting Engine
  • Server 2 - Qlik Sense Rim Node, NPrinting Server, Designer
  • Server 3 - Qlik Sense Rim Node, NPrinting Engine
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no - this is not supported. it must have dedicated server - help document is very clear in this regard: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-npri...

I have also faced many different intermittent issues on my demo server where I have Qlik Sense and NPrinting installed so I can say that this is not stable solution and definitelly cannot be used in production environment

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

no - this is not supported. it must have dedicated server - help document is very clear in this regard: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing-npri...

I have also faced many different intermittent issues on my demo server where I have Qlik Sense and NPrinting installed so I can say that this is not stable solution and definitelly cannot be used in production environment

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.