cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional Formatting in Excel Template

I have a need to change the color to red if the value of a column is greater than the value of a second column in Nprinting 17.6. Have removed keep source formatting check mark for both table and the columns. Applied conditional formatting as shown below and it is not working. Report comes up as if there is no conditional formatting is applied.

Not sure what i am doing wrong here. Have enclosed a screen shot of the conditional format applied in the excel template.

Any Ideas???

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I go the issue solved. The problem was with the second column F which was in text format and worked once i converted it to a number in the model.

The excel template had this column formatted as number but since the data from the model was text  the output excel report had it as text even though keep source format was unchecked for this column. Once model was changed it worked fine.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I am only guessing here, but you want to create the same condition for row 4 ($E$4 > $F$4) as row 4 is actually getting expanded when you generate report.

try and let us know

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Did not work. Enclosed screen shot file.

Somehow do not seem to have any luck formatting in Excel template even though the Keep source format is turned off.

Any other ideas???

raghuvr33
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I go the issue solved. The problem was with the second column F which was in text format and worked once i converted it to a number in the model.

The excel template had this column formatted as number but since the data from the model was text  the output excel report had it as text even though keep source format was unchecked for this column. Once model was changed it worked fine.

Thanks.