Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eoinboylan
Partner - Contributor III

ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED when attempting On Demand report from Users' Access Points

Hi Qlik Experts!

We have recently moved from NPrinting 16 to NPrinting 19 and On Demand reports are used widely in the business. 

Currently, when attempting to generate an On Demand report from a User's Access Point on their local computer, we receive the ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED error, however when RDP'd into the QlikView server, the same user can generate a report from their Access Point.  

I have whitelisted every possible combination of the QV server on NPrinting and still On Demand cannot seem to see NPrinting when attempting to connect from a computer other than the QlikView Server.

I can ping the NPrinting Server from the User's local computer, and am able to access the NPrinting Web Portal from it.  

I'm unsure what other troubleshooting steps to attempt, has anyone seen this issue before?

Many thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Eoin

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eoinboylan
Author

Hi Eva_B,

Thanks for your reply.  That was a complete accident, Nprinting 19.9.5.0 is what we are using, and the issue appears to have been only for my local machine (which is not a member of the business domain, and connects to QlikView/NPrinting via vpn).  

We have been able to install the NPrinting server certificate on users' local machines in the domain and this appears to resolve the issue. 

I am still working to resolve why my computer is unable to generate On Demand reports, but I feel this is a different problem.

Many thanks,

Eoin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello @eoinboylan ,

Are you using QlikView Web Servers or IIS?
Also I noticed you stated Qlik NPrinting 19.x but the tag selected was April 2018.

Can you please confirm your versions of Qlik NPrinting and QlikView?

In the interim, please see this "Commonly Missed Configuration Guide" for On-Demand and QlikView:

Please let me know if this assists with your issue.

Regards,
Eva
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

In the body of the request you spoke about Qlik NPrinting 19 but you added the label April 2018. So what version are you using?

The error seems related to the DNS. Try to clean the browser cache ot to flush the DNS cache (ipconfig /flushdns) of the computer where you are having the error.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
eoinboylan
Author

Hi Eva_B,

Thanks for your reply.  That was a complete accident, Nprinting 19.9.5.0 is what we are using, and the issue appears to have been only for my local machine (which is not a member of the business domain, and connects to QlikView/NPrinting via vpn).  

We have been able to install the NPrinting server certificate on users' local machines in the domain and this appears to resolve the issue. 

I am still working to resolve why my computer is unable to generate On Demand reports, but I feel this is a different problem.

Many thanks,

Eoin