Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
leonardo_sudo
Contributor III
Contributor III

ERROR: Cannot apply filter Filters

Hi folks,

I'm noob NPrinting and English  :s  ,    and i have a question.

I'm usign two filters in a report, and when run preview in NPritning 18 Designer  shows error:

erro1.PNG

Using the same filters in a Qliksense App, my fact table is empty.

I think that even empty, the NPrinting should generate an empty report.  And no show error message.

Other problem:

I have a task that is scheduled to run every night and is sent to +/- 50 workers in the company.,

Each workers should gets a email with attachment which is an PDF file containing the sales force data.

But, some workers received a
email telling them a report is attached, followed by an error message saying some reports failed to generate.

I tryed use a condition on task and on report, but the not working. I think, the error occurred before task. At report generation.

I have a task report that is scheduled to run every night and is sent to 100 hiring managers in the company, each manager gets the same email and should get an attachment which is an excel file containing the open roles for that manager.

erro2.PNG

erro3.PNG

I think, In this case, when occurr error dont sent email...how to do this?

thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From February 2019 Release Notes:

New parameter that configures whether emails send when reports fail
If the reports attached to an email fail to generate, the default behavior is for the email to send with an error
 message.
Uncommenting the new parameter <add key="disable-failure-email-sending" /> in the scheduler.config file 
stops emails from sending when report generation fails. If reports are not sent an error will be logged.
If you enable this parameter:
- If all reports for a user in a task are correctly generated, the user will receive the email.
- If only some of the reports for a user in a task are generated the user will receive an email with only
the generated reports.
- If the generation of all reports for a user in a task fails they will not receive an email.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If you are using a numeric value (for example you are filtering Year =2019) remember to set the drop down menu to Numeric Value is. 

Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2019/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Static-dynam...

When you post a question, please remember to add the complete version and where possible some screenshots (for example one of the filters).

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
leonardo_sudo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

I think this same problem

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/NPrinting-Stop-sending-emails-when-no-repor...

Only Feb/2019 dont sent email when report error?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

From February 2019 Release Notes:

New parameter that configures whether emails send when reports fail
If the reports attached to an email fail to generate, the default behavior is for the email to send with an error
 message.
Uncommenting the new parameter <add key="disable-failure-email-sending" /> in the scheduler.config file 
stops emails from sending when report generation fails. If reports are not sent an error will be logged.
If you enable this parameter:
- If all reports for a user in a task are correctly generated, the user will receive the email.
- If only some of the reports for a user in a task are generated the user will receive an email with only
the generated reports.
- If the generation of all reports for a user in a task fails they will not receive an email.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero