Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II

Erorr:CEF rendering exception. Error during GRPC request

Hi All,

After switching from Qliksense February 2023 version to May 2024 version, I encountered the following problem on the Nprinting side.

krmvacar_0-1721891886879.png

My Nprinting version is 2020 septemper and I cannot upgrade this version right now. Since we are in the AMP process, we are also using Qlikview 2019 SR2 and qlikview will be closed after 3 months.so I can't upgrade nprinting version.

I only encounter this problem when I add an image. I do not encounter this problem when Excel is sent.

I reviewed the tickets regarding the issue, but unfortunately I could not get any results.

krmvacar_1-1721892157033.png

It also gives an error when previewing.

krmvacar_2-1721892250916.png

Best Regards

@Lech_Miszkiewicz , @Ruggero_Piccoli , @Frank_S 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

We dont know what you have tried so here are old links I know of:

Let us know if you tried all options mentioned above.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

I tried but unfortunately I couldn't get any results.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ohh i canot belive I missed the obvious- I just realised that you are on unsupported configuration
Your version of Nprinting does not support your Qlik Sense version: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-re...

so to me - you are there by your choice. It is not supported and you just have to wait until you can upgrade to supported configuration which you ALWAYS have to check before upgrading Qlik Sense, QlikView or NPrinting

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1721897611722.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

In addition, you 'might' be able to get by in the meantime by checking out the solutions in this article. However that's a big 'might' given @Lech_Miszkiewicz 's important compatibility post to you.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/NPRINTING-ERROR-CEF-RENDERING-EXCEPTION-Ciph...

There could be a cipher mismatch after upgrading to an incompatible version of QS

I understand your dilemna but to troubleshoot further, you would need to get your NPrinting that is supported for use with Qlik Sense Feb. 2024.

Now try this also in the meantime.

• Change/remove your Qlik Sense theme to classic (If using a more current theme)
  • Check the app where the image is store. Ensure that the Qlik sense sheet is not 'extended' or custom size. These are not supported.
  • You can try updating timeout values in the rendering.config file as stated here.
  • https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Upgrade-to-Qlik-NPrinting-June-2020-or-newer...
  • Try simplify your report if possible (or even remove the image until you can upgrade...ie use the source table rather than image).

Sorry can't give more than that while there is a critical supportability mismatch that could be resolved by updating NPrinting to a supported version. Or at least we an give you more guidance if the issue persists after upgrading NPrinting. Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
krmvacar
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much @Frank_S  and @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I will be upgrading as you said. enjoy your work

Best Regards