Did you mean: 
Jan-Hendrik
Partner - Contributor III

Excel Template Page Feature - Exclude 0-value pages

Hi

I’m using the page feature in the nprinting Designer Excel template

image.png

It produces a page in the report for each [Main Product Group] value, for example

image.png

But when there is no value for a specific Main Product Group, it still produces a empty report

image.png

I know that you can use Conditions in nPrinting stop a Task or a specific report, but I can’t find anything that can be used to stop the empty pages being produced,

On the Qlik Sense object side, I did make sure that the Include Zero Values option is not selected

image.png

This is what shows in the Qlik Sense object when you filter on the value

image.png

So, the question is, is there a way to stop nprinting from showing the 0-value page when using the page feature in a excel template, but keep the pages where the dimension value has measure values

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

are you sure - I tried it nd it did not work for Page tag when i tried using table. I think this is not 100% clear when we can use table as Page or Level. In PPT template Table as Page worked well, but in Excel does not as it needs to know which value needs to be put as label for sheers

Instead my approach is to use Advanced Search filter to only filter values with measure <> 0

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Adding the field [Main Product Group]  in the Pages node will produce a worksheet for each distinct value of the field, also if there are no data.

Instead create a straight table in the source app. Insert the field [Main Product Group]  ad dimension and, for example, the total sales, in order to have only rows with data. Refresh the connection cache, close and reopen the Designer and add that table in the Pages node. You will have a worksheet for each row, but you have only rows with data so this should solve.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

hi @Ruggero_Piccoli 

are you sure - I tried it nd it did not work for Page tag when i tried using table. I think this is not 100% clear when we can use table as Page or Level. In PPT template Table as Page worked well, but in Excel does not as it needs to know which value needs to be put as label for sheers

Instead my approach is to use Advanced Search filter to only filter values with measure <> 0

https://nprintingadventures.com/2019/06/26/nprinting-filters-part-3-advanced-search/

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Jan-Hendrik
Author

Thank you @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

I followed your advise using Advance Search on a filter, the properties I used:

- Name: [Main Product Group] - the field used in the Page feature on the Excel template

- Advance Search - I copied the object's first measure expression and added a <>0

- I tested this and all pages except the those with no value showing

Thank you so much, stay safe!

image.png