Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnan
Creator III
Creator III

Execute on demand with variable

Hi,

We have qlikview platform with server and publisher. We also have N-print
So can i open a report on qlikviewserver and choose a ordernumber from my report and have a button that says "Print"
In this case i want to trigger a jobb in NPRINT with that choosen ordernumber to execute a job on NPrint

Possible?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

one more comment:

variables inputs will not be respected when used with NPrinting OnDemand trigger

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @johnan 

In short - possible..

when you say: "... So can i open a report on qlikviewserver ..."

you mean "QlikView application in access point"?

when you say: "...and choose a ordernumber from my report..."

you mean "Apply selection on ordernumber field in this application by selecting particular order number in listbox or table, field which is part of data model"?

when you say: "...and have a button that says "Print"..."

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/How-to-Use-NPrinting-On-Demand-Extensions-in-...

you mean have an OnDemand extension button for AJAX or which was part of old OnDemand setup in no longer supported NPrinting 16?

when you say: "...In this case i want to trigger a jobb in NPRINT with that choosen ordernumber to execute a job on NPrint.."

you mean you can run Report or Task from NPrinting 16. Jobs are not supported

more info here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Documents/QlikView-NPrinting-16-Tutorials-On-Demand/ta-...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

one more comment:

variables inputs will not be respected when used with NPrinting OnDemand trigger