cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louiswinter
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Exporting CSV UTF8 (not UTF8/BOM)

According to the post below, csv exports were changed from UTF8 to UTF8/BOM in February 2021 for the fix OP-9779. This post indicates that the change was rolled back with fix OP-9932 (NP August 2021 and NP February 2021 SR1).

I just upgraded my test environment to QlikView May 2022 SR1 and NP May 2022 SR2 in order to get the fix. After the upgrade, NP is still exporting in the UTF8/BOM format which breaks a 3rd party integration.

Has anybody else dealt with this issue and had it resolved?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/CSV-report-encoding-changes-from-quot-UTF-8-...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

Hi @louiswinter I have your support case and just now noticed this post as well...I reached out to R&D to get more information on this, they have replied:

QlikView uses UTF8-BOM and Qlik Sense UTF-8. The formats cannot be changed. QlikView has always been UTF-8 BOM and we switched to UTF-8 in Sense to allow easier parsing as it was requested in OP-9932 (Sense only)

They added additionally that is a limitation of how QlikView generates CSV files...

If I can get some more info from R&D I'll pass along to you on this, however Italy is on holiday tomorrow, so I won't hear back for a few days.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
David_Friend
Support
Support

Hi @louiswinter I have your support case and just now noticed this post as well...I reached out to R&D to get more information on this, they have replied:

QlikView uses UTF8-BOM and Qlik Sense UTF-8. The formats cannot be changed. QlikView has always been UTF-8 BOM and we switched to UTF-8 in Sense to allow easier parsing as it was requested in OP-9932 (Sense only)

They added additionally that is a limitation of how QlikView generates CSV files...

If I can get some more info from R&D I'll pass along to you on this, however Italy is on holiday tomorrow, so I won't hear back for a few days.