Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II

How to associate a filter on a specific table in Pixel Perfect report of Qlik NPrinting

We have a requirement to generate pixel perfect (pdf) report out of NPrinting. The complexity is the filter for it. The PDF report has 3 tables / charts in it and all charts / tables should be based on different filters.

For Eg:

First chart should be based on SLA Type=Uptime , Data Month= Previous Month & Airline Code=Any airline code from given list
Second chart should be based on SLA Type=Resolution , Data Month= Previous Month & Airline Code=Any airline code from given list.
 Third chart should be based on SLA Type=Other , Data Month= Previous Month & Airline Code=Any airline code from given list.

Please let me know if its possible to export these 3 tables in a single Pixel Perfect (PDF) report file without creating multiple charts in Multiple pdf reports in Qlik NPrinting.

I would be grate helpful for you, if you provide me an answer for pixel perfect report. 

The version of the Nprinting is mentioned as below

Qlik NPrinting November 2017 Version: 17.6.0000.0

Note : I need in pixel perfect report only, not in other formats (excel, PPT, etc..)

Regards,
Vara
Labels (1)
8 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

Table and Image filtered objects are not supported directly in the NPrinting Pixel Perfect editor unfortunately.

These types of filters are a supported feature using the NP MS Office and HTML template editors however. 

You may wish to consider using one of those template editors to meet your requirement then use PDF as an output format when you add this report to a publish task.

Hope this helps

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick response. I'll try to make it in NP Ms office / HTML and use the output as a PDF report.

Let you know the status.

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Or you may want to create a dedicated object for your table which could be filtered from report /task level without affecting other objects (for example with use of set analysis and island tables, or If you wait for November 2019 version with variable filter...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank,

I did hardcoded three tables in Qliksense with respective of filters (Uptime, Resolution, Other) with calculated dimensions, made some expressions for Red color text values and percenatge(%) symbols which output is getting in Excel type of format in Nprinting, but the thing is getting below mentioned issues.

1. not getting proper alignment, 

2. Not getting borders for field values

3. The headers, logos and striaght table fields are not repeating in continues pages.

4. Not getting images dynamically in Nprinting reports.

Request you to please look into these issues and help me out on this.

thanks a ton in advance.

Regards,

Vara

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @varaprasad0816 

It's my weekend now but I was really interested in taking on this challenge so here is what you can do.

Since you can't use chart filtering in pixel perfect and also since you can't put charts side by side anyway, I found a workaround that will require that you create a single QS chart with can be used with your PxP report.

• Create a single QS chart
  • Use at least 1 dimension (Use which ever dimensions that you wish to display).
  • Create 3 measures using set analysis. In my example i used set analysis to show only data for a specific year.
  • Column 2: sum( {$<Year={2017}>} Sales )
  • Column 3: sum( {$<Year={2018}>} Sales )
  • Column 4: sum( {$<Year={2019}>} Sales )

Now you have a single chart with 3 separate years that can be used in your pixel perfect report. (Note: Please remember to reload your NPrinting Connection to this Qlik Sense app before proceeding so that the new fields will become available to NPrinting).

So create your PxP report as usual using this newly created chart.

I have attached a copy of the QVF I created today as well as a sample report generated from this QVF with repeating headers and page breaks using group headers (repeat on every page check box option selected) and footers (break after the page option selected)

Hope this is a method that will work for you...unless someone else hear has a better option to help you to meet your requirement.

Kind regards....

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

@varaprasad0816 

Here is the report output as well.

You can used the Pixel Perfect editing tools to edit to your hearts content.

varaprasad0816
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Frank,

I sincerely thank you for your kind response on my query.

The fields i am using in Qliksense straight tables are already calculated fields and fetching from the data base directly.

we no need to do any transformations of these fields in QS App. 

I have done hard coded one each and every table (3 tables) and puling to excel format in Nprinting.

but while converting  into pdf report, the report is not getting  with proper borders, headings and field names are not repeating into continues pages.

The major issue is that how to get dynamic images in Nprinting based on our selections.

Regards,

Vara

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

dynamic images was answered here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/How-to-get-dynamic-images-in-a-excel-templa...

and here

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Getting-output-pdf-report-initial-selected-...

both seem to be duplication of the same post as well as this post.

Please try to focus on one topic at the time as community will not be able to benefit from topics created to solve multiple issues.. 

If you want to learn how to use dynamic images ask the question related to it, If you want to learn how to make sure the borders are properly created make separate question re this and provide sample/detailed screenshots of your template as this is where you are doing something wrong (read instructions on help.qlik.com which describes how properly built report template needs to look like)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Excel-formatting.htm

when createing q question please spend time describing steps you are taking... screenshot your template, screenshot xls output, screenshot pdf output.

You are asking about borders not being populated in PDF...are they at least populated in XLS output?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.