Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrav666
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

How to use .PFX file to avoid website security certificate error for newsstand and web console

Hi,

We do have Qlik Nprinting April 2019 application in Azure VM server running with an application in-built web server(not IIS). Due to port conflicts, we haven't installed IIS in the server. In order to avoid the error "There is a problem with the website security certificate" while launching the application web portal, we requested certificates team for SSL certificate. But they have provided us with .PFX file and told us to install in our server.

The certificate team has generated a CSR file from their end and created .PFX and shared it to us. When googled how to use .pfx file the steps were shown for IIS server, but in our case, we do not use IIS.

Could you please guide me on the steps how to use .pfx file in our Nprinting server(which do not has IIS) to avoid the website security certificate error for newsstand and web console.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

First thing first - great that you managed to get certificate working. I do not want to be picky but i said and gave you link  ( https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/June2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Managing-cert....) what criteria certificate needs to meet. It would already help with the fact that you did not have root and intermediate certificate...

So for the sake of others chasing up the same problem - please read carefully requirements on help.qlik.com - screeenshot below:

1.png

Regarding your question about delay in loading portal. I did not observe anything like this on any environments I've had setup. First thing i would do is to inspect what is happening behind the scenes when opening admin or news stand pages ("F12" in chrome ). Observe what takes time to load...

On another note. I do not think this is a topic we should discuss in this thread as it is not related to your initial question  and i would suggest opening new ticket for this particular issue with well described scenario etc...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.