Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III

Import Report across Environment not working

Hi All,

We have two NPrinting environments (QA and PROD). I'm facing issue importing a report into PROD env.

I created a Report in QA (say "A_Report") using a Connection ("A_Conn")  under an App (A).

Then I created a Connection (say "A_Conn") in PROD under an App (A).

I exported the "A_Report" from QA as a zip.

When I tried to import that Report from PROD it shows "No matching connections. Check the log files for details."

I assume it only checks the exact Connection names across environments.

I've not yet checked the log as I'm waiting for it. Meanwhile any info or insight on this process would help me immensely. Thanks. 

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

@Ruggero_Piccoli 

Please take a look if you have time. Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @sudeepkm_analog 

so this should be quite easy to be frank.. you need to make sure that A_Conn in PROD and A_Conn in QA connect to the apps which have all required objects (variables, fields, charts and UI objects). When importing NPrinting report metadata of this report is checked  to ensure that everything what is required to produce report is present in existing connections in new environment. Lack of this indicates to me that you tried to migrate report to environment which does not have matching QlikView applications.

For testing - get the QlikView application you have in QA and move it to PROD environment, refresh metadata and try import again. I am sure you will get matching connection during import.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @sudeepkm_analog 

so this should be quite easy to be frank.. you need to make sure that A_Conn in PROD and A_Conn in QA connect to the apps which have all required objects (variables, fields, charts and UI objects). When importing NPrinting report metadata of this report is checked  to ensure that everything what is required to produce report is present in existing connections in new environment. Lack of this indicates to me that you tried to migrate report to environment which does not have matching QlikView applications.

For testing - get the QlikView application you have in QA and move it to PROD environment, refresh metadata and try import again. I am sure you will get matching connection during import.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
sudeepkm_analog
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks again for your quick response and help in this regard.

You are right. For some reason I didn't realize that the qvw in QA was updated recently as well as the metadata. The qvw in PROD was not matching. I created a Sample one and tested it to be working as expected. I think I should have little more patience to test a simple one first instead of going for the one that has so much change in versions. Thanks for clarifying my issue. 

I also appreciate the effort of the product development team that created this export/import feature of NPrinting tool. Really saves a lot of time. Thanks.