cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with dynamic variable name on Nprinting

Hi community,

I have an issue on NPrinting and I'm not able to find where is my problem. I explain:

I have a Nprinting report which generate an excel an a pdf that i send to my users by email.

I have a daily schedule and in my email subject  i have the name of the Job_%%variable_vLastYearWeek%%

Also my report's name are based on this variable.

I don't know why but since yesterday, i can't have a good email subject ans good report's name. I have this : ReportName1_.xls and ReportName2_.pdf instead of ReportName1_201705 and ReportName2_201705.pdf

I have tested the connection, everything is good ..I can select the variable in Nprinting ...

Thanks in advance for your answers.

SJ.

4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi.

I assume you are running NPrinting 16.X.X.

Now - Variable.

Could you please look at variable in your source document - this will be your qvw file. Find your variable there and look how it is generated. Does it return value?

Maybe share how this variable is calculated.

Is it in:

• script or in front-end
  • Is it SET, LET
  • maybe value gets changed by trigger
  • Is it an expression?

Please let us know

I believe NPrinting has a variable in metadata. When did you refresh metadata last time? It may be gone from your source document or not calculated there.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you for your return.

In fact, i'm using NPrinting 16.3.00

I have tested my variable in my QV file and i have a value when I display it in text box.

I define it directly in front-end and like this : WeekYear(Today()-7)&num(Week(Today()-7),'00')

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I am not sure what possibly could happened to your variable.

Maybe have a look at this document: How to Include Dynamic Elements in NPrinting E-mail and see whether you are using recipient variable or global variable in NPrinting.

How do you trigger your reports and how they are distributed? Is this a Server generated process which sudenly stopped working or you trigger it manually?

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the document.

The QV file is launched on QEMC daily and the Nprinting report is scheduled weekly..The Nprinting server was not stopped ..

And I distribute the report by email.