Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator

Modifying Number Format Using Formatting Rules in Pixel Perfect

Hi all,

Is it possible up modify number format using Formatting Rules or something similar in Pixel Perfect reports?

In the old version of NPrinting (16), we are modifying number format in the QlikView document based on values in another field using a calculation in the expression. This formatting was passed on to the NPrinting Pixel Perfect report.

In the new version, none of this formatting is being passed. I'm trying to figure out how I can reproduce the formatting rules on the report side.

Anyone fighting this same fight?

Thanks,

Scott

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Yes, it is possible to apply formatting rules on numbers in PixelPerfect based on other fields value present in report band. Note that that field must be present in the actual report band, but can be hidden (visible=false)

More on rules here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/PixelPerfectReports/Manage-Cond...

If you want to get step by step instructions just create a dummy qvw and attach it here with description how you want it to work in your Pixel Perfect report and I should be able to assist you with this.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
lgtsotrsdh
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Lech. I see in that example that they are setting the Visible property for the record. I get that. What I need to do is change the number format between integer, currency, and percentage. Can you point out where to make that change?

Thanks,

Scott