Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iwin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Multiple Filters to a single user

Hi,

I want to apply multiple filters(Territory Code) to a single user in a single app and report.

Currently when I import the user it gives warning that USER with name is skipped because another user with the same name exists in the import data as user entry is getting split in excel file due to multiple territory code.

So,only 1 territory code is being imported in Nprinting .

How can I apply both territory codes filter to single user ?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is something wrong in the Excel file you are using to import users. I cannot know what without checking it, maybe you duplicated the row of a user. It is possible to create a single filter with a list of values of a field. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...for the details and follow the link to download a sample Excel file. Keep your Excel file with exactly the same structure of the sample. 

To add a list of values of a field in a filter you simply need to list them separated by a comma. For example [CategoryName]={Babywear, Men´s Wear, Women's Wear}. Then associate the filters with the users in the Excel User worksheet.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

There is something wrong in the Excel file you are using to import users. I cannot know what without checking it, maybe you duplicated the row of a user. It is possible to create a single filter with a list of values of a field. Refer to https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Users-Fi...for the details and follow the link to download a sample Excel file. Keep your Excel file with exactly the same structure of the sample. 

To add a list of values of a field in a filter you simply need to list them separated by a comma. For example [CategoryName]={Babywear, Men´s Wear, Women's Wear}. Then associate the filters with the users in the Excel User worksheet.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.