Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zvikasi123
Contributor
Contributor

NPRINT parameter for connection

Hi,

we want to create a dynamic connection in NPRINT meaning we have a few environments and we want to connect to one of them based on a parameter being sent. 

for example we have the following environments -

C:\ENV1\1.qvw

C:\ENV2\2.qvw

C:\ENV3\3.qvw

we want to send ENV1 and it will connect to ENV1 or any other environment based on the value being sent.

we need to have the parameter in the QlikView document line being replaced by the value being sent.

Is it possible and how to do it?

Thanks for any idea that may help

Labels (1)
7 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Qlik NPrinting connections don't have parameters. In your scenario you can create 3 connections one to each QlikView document. Qlik NPrinting supports multi-doc templates so you can use objects from all connections in a single template.

If this doesn't solve please explain in details what is your final goal so we could help you to reach it. Tell us also what version of the software you are using.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Agree with Ruggero,

From what I gather based on your explanation what you are trying to do is not supported.

However as Ruggero said, explain what is your final goal and I am sure there is a different way of achieving it.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
zvikasi123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI,

Thanks for your response. we want to run a sanity for the chosen environment after a build/refresh

This is why we want to send it as a parameter.

zvikasi123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI,

Thanks for your response. we want to run a sanity for the chosen environment after build/refresh

Not all the environments are being refreshed together so we need to send the environment as a parameter in order to check only it

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Still....I cannot imagine when and how you would pass this parameter?

I am afraid that with such generic information I will not be able to answer your question.

I will try to introduce NPrinting relevant language here:

Thanks for your response. we want to run a sanity for the chosen environment after build/refresh

What is environment for you? Did you mean QlikSense or QlikView application?

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
zvikasi123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

we are building an automated process to check the environment.

Environment is QV application and a relevant DB.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

In this case you can follow Ruggero's suggestion, create connection to all required apps  and corresponding reports and task.

Then you can use API to trigger them respectively

and again... 

there is no way to change connection path on the fly by using parameter